Site design and graphics by Cari Buziak!
- Come on out and experience the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo in the Roundup Center at the Calgary Stampede Grounds! Western Canada's largest cross-media entertainment event featuring comics, anime/manga, toys, gaming, animation, and Sci-Fi. Last year was a huge blow out with lots of cool stuff to see and celebs to meet, so come on out this year and have a good time! I'll have a table in the Artists' Alley where I'll be selling my t-shirts, posters, and new original artwork!
Free hugs for my mailing list members! ;-)
April 29, 2007 --- 10am - 6pm
- A whole 5 days playing in Celtic art at Red Deer College, Alberta Canada during their 2006 Summer Series! Registration info is available on their website. Rarely is there a Celtic art course dedicated to such a long period of time, but now finally you can immerse yourself in Celtic goodness for a whole 5 days in the beautiful RDC campus. We'll also cover a little how-to on gilding so you can learn how to add a bit of glitz to your work. This is an entry level course, where we'll be covering the basics in Celtic art and then moving into our own personal projects in th medium of your choice. No painting skills necessary, as I can cover the basics of things you'd like to try such as acrylics, watercolor, colored pencil, and pen and ink. So come on out and play! Head over here to download a copy of the 2006 Summer Series brochure.
- The Aon two day Celtic Knotwork workshop will be hosted by The Highwood United Calligraphy Group. The friday evening will be a slideshow rpesentation that's open to the public, with the Saturday and Sunday filled with lots of Celtic knot exercises, sprials, and an introduction to gilding!
- I will be running my two day workshop in Calgary, Alberta Canada through ACAD (Alberta College of Art and Design) during their Fall/Winter 2005/2006 Continuing Ed sessions again. If you would like to sign up for the class, you can download the registration form from their site or phone them. This is a good chance to refresh your current Celtic design skills, or to try your hand at them if you've always wanted to give it a shot. :-) Download a copy of the Design courses for the Fall/Winter session.
- This year Calgary is host to the giant sci-fi and fantasy convention, WesterCon 58! ConVersion, Calgary's annual sci-fi convention, will be still active as a mini-con within the WesterCon weekend. Dates are July 1-4, 2005, at the Westin Hotel downtown Calgary. Cari will have an artist's table and several art panels of paintings up during the covention! Full pass and day pass information available on the WesterCon website.
- Cari has been a frequent exhibitor at ConVersion the Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention, held annually in Calgary, Alberta. She has won several awards there including Best Black and White, Best Original Art, and a few Best of Shows, including one for her Egyptian chessboard.
- The Bow Valley Calligraphy Guild newsletter no.74 (May 2000) featured an interview with Cari, as well as the front and back cover design for the newsletter publication.
- The Aon Celtic Art Workshop strikes again! This time Cari presents her workshop in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for the Calligraphy Society of Ottawa.
- Cari attends Celtic convention as guest visual artist.
- Feature interview by "The Design Authority" about Cari's Celtic illustration and design.
- A Channel "The Big Breakfast Show"- Pre- Saint Paddy's Day chat and mini gallery with Cari on March 16, 2001, 7-9am.
- Celtic Art and Illumination- "A solo exhibition in the Etc. Room by international Celtic artist Cari Buziak. Exploring traditional designs, tools and materials of the 600-900 AD era." Centre Gallery, Calgary, March 20-April 20 2001. Opening Reception March 24, 7-9pm; Artists' Talk March 31, 12-2pm.
- Comhaltas Exhibition- Gallery exhibition sponsored by the An Droichead/The Bridge (a collective of Celtic Artists), at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, Toronto, April 19-22 2001. Featuring the following Celtic artists' works: Cari Buziak, Michael Carroll, Catherine Crowe, Robin MacGrogan, David Rankine, Brigitte Wolf, Michael Carroll, Laura Travis, Kevin Dillon, Brenda Roy, Grant Taylor, David Rakine, Lorraine Bruce-Allen, Barbara Gunn, Steven Walker, Aidan Breen, Darrell Markewitz, Cindy Matyi, Grahame Atkinson, Patrick Gallagher, Sharyne Graham, Grant Taylor...and more!
- Music of the Rivers Celtic Music Festival- Festival dates are November 16-19 2000.
- Handfasting.com - an on-line and e-mail interview with Cari, October 1, 2000.
- Ancient Designs and Modern Technology - an interview with Cari published by the Calgary Herald newspaper on May 4th, 1999.
- Cari had two paintings accepted in the Alphamark International Juried Exhibition. The tour ran from July 1999 through to December of 2001, and traveled throughout North America.
- An exhibition at the Glencoe Club in Calgary, Alberta on May 1st, 1999. The Gala was a fundraising evening for The Kids Help Phone, a hotline for troubled kids. Cari donated a painting for the auction, Illuminated "O", and as well had two pieces on display during the evening. The Gala was a huge success, with several hundred attendees coming out to enjoy good food, Irish dancing by local Schools, and to bid on a variety of items which ended up earning over $100,000.00 for The Kids Help Phone.